Friday, April 20, 2012

Prized by Caragh M. O'Brien

***5 Stars

I love this book.  I love the book before it, and you know what?  I already love the next one(and it's not even out yet;).

This is the sequel to Birthmarked, and if it is even possible, I may like it more.  In this book Gaia makes it to a "safe haven", Sylum, where she knows her baby sister will be cared for, however, she finds out that this society isn't quite the oasis it appears to be.  The town is made of almost entirely men, and it is run by the minority of women.  If you try to leave, you die.  The longer Gaia stays the more she wants to find out why Sylum has developed this way, and how it can be prevented.  But in a society with this many rules, answers can be hard to find.

This book was unexpected, unpredictable and, as always, well written.  O'Brien weaves an ever-interesting plot with realistic and intriguing characters that make you want more.  I had to keep reading.  I would recommend Birthmarked and Prized to almost anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment